[owner-abiword-user@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-user@abisource.com: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]

Subject: [owner-abiword-user@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-user@abisource.com: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 18:34:08 CDT

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss

attached mail follows:

>From owner-abiword-user@abisource.com Tue May 15 18:17:08 2001
Sender: afonso@serverpeno.peno.coppe.ufrj.br
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:19:12 -0300
From: Afonso de Moraes Paiva <mpaiva@peno.coppe.ufrj.br>
To: abiword-user@abisource.com
Subject: help new user

        Hi
        I am a new user of abiword, but it looks like a great editor to
me. However, I miss (or just can't find) some features, so I have a lot
of
questions. I am running version 7.14 under linux.

a) Can't it handle tables?

b) Can I adjust the quality (and therefore the speed) of the printing?

c) When I type help, it opens a Konqueror window and I have to look for
the help files. How can I redirect the help to access the help files
directly?

d) Can I save in msword (.doc) format (I have to share files with
Windows' users)?

e) I configured netscape navigator to open some files directly with
abiword, but when cliking on the files (in a mail message for instance)
it just opens abiword but without accessing the files. How to make this
feature to work?

f) By the way, I've downloaded abiword from:
             http://www.abisource.com/dl_linux_intel.phtml
Why is it in Portuguese? Can I change that?

        Thanks to all.
        Afonso

--

Afonso de Moraes Paiva Programa de Engenharia Oceanica (PEnO/COPPE) Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) Cidade Universitaria - CT - sala C203 Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brasil phone: (021) 562-8729 email: mpaiva@peno.coppe.ufrj.br