Re: cjk support on unix is broken

Subject: Re: cjk support on unix is broken
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 03:03:24 CDT

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 05:19:37PM +1000, hippietrail@yahoo.com wrote:

> Do you think there's a possibility of embedding only the characters
> used - a sub-font instead of the whole font?

After read the Type42 specification, yes, it is possible. The
thing is the type42 font has to be generated everytime at the
point of printing. I don't know how much time it take, but it
could be slow.

Another thing is that Type42 for CJK fonts are added to 2015
of postscript interpreter. I don't know if 2015 is old or new
but there are incompatible thing. I am not a big fan of backward
compatible myself. So this might not be a problem at all.

The last problem, write the code... :)

--
Best regard
hashao