Re: Patch: Multi-encoding Text import/export

Subject: Re: Patch: Multi-encoding Text import/export
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 13:31:58 CDT

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:22:40AM +1000, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> Sam TH wrote:
> >
> > This looks really good. A couple quick comments:
> >
> > - _recognizeUCS/UTF8 should definitely be members of class.
> > IE_Imp_Text_Sniffer is probably the best choice.
>
> If I make the enum a member of the sniffer and the two
> functions static members, and make IE_Imp_Text a friend
> of the sniffer, would that be good?
>
> If the functions need to be non-static there may need
> to be some tricky pointer shuffling...

I would think you could make both the functions static members, and
then just make the functions public, it would avoid having to make the
classes friends. Of course, I could be totally off base here, but our
C++ gurus will correct me. :-)

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss