Re: Patch: Fix for Bug 1164, 2nd try

Subject: Re: Patch: Fix for Bug 1164, 2nd try
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 05:07:25 CDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:45:11PM +0500, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2001, ha shao wrote:
> Also everywhere, CJK hackers told us that not all iconv
> implementations know "CP950" and "CP936" under these names - if it's true for
> iconv AW is linked with, fallback charset names "BIG5" and "GB2312" should be
> used.

The iconv in the latest glibc has aliases of CP936 -> GBK (an extension
for GB2312) and CP950 -> BIG5. But I don't know about other libiconv.
So it is still better to have the fallback mechanism for the sake of
older glibc and libiconv's.

Since the CP950, CP936 are already used for \fcharset before and
have Chinese shown properly, I assumed the fallback is already
called somewhere in RTF importer. If not, it is safer to add it.

--
Best regard
hashao