Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]

Subject: Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 07:21:46 CDT

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 02:02:40PM +0200, hfiguiere@teaser.fr wrote:
> According to ha shao <hashao@chinese.com>:
> >
> > Cann't this be done with the perl plugin? I think perl can do
> > more powerful math too. Also better extension and load on demand.
>

> Given the size of perl, it would be like calling a buldozer instead
> of having a hammer in the toolbox, just for a nail.

The hammer thing is a wrong metaphor from the beginning. Abiword
is not a caculator, if you want it to do something other than wp,
you have to pay for it. That way, people who use it as a wp would
not pay for you. However small it is, it does not belong to wp.

It's the job of plugin. Otherwise, the same arguement can be used
to any itches everyone want to scratch. And we will get a mozilla,
I mean gazilla soon.

--
Best regard
hashao

Why you put a hammer in a sewing kit? This toolbox is not that toolbox.