Re: Assisting another WP developer

Subject: Re: Assisting another WP developer
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 02:12:11 CDT

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> According to Sprague, ITSN <spraguee@msc.naples.navy.mil>:
> > I apologize if this is the wrong list, but I need a small favor. I'm
> > assisting another developer in writing a WP for AtheOS, and we're currently
> > coding a .abw import filter. A few example AbiWord docs (preferably long
> > ones) would be *extremely* helpful.
>
> Stupid question: why aren't you porting Abiword to AtheOS ?
> That would avoid reinventing the wheel.

I'm curious too of course. However there is a large range of abiword
documents in the abi/docs and abi/text/wp which is distributed with the
source code.

AbiWord has > 400,000 lines of code, do you really want to duplicate all
that with 1.x developers? It's explicitly designed to be cross platfrom
and we have 4.7 working platforms to prove it.

Cheers

Martin