Re: boustrophedon: should I bother with abiword?

Subject: Re: boustrophedon: should I bother with abiword?
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 20:03:53 CDT

Hi,

Oh, so this is what you want :-)

Please compile AbiWord with ABI_OPT_BIDI_ENABLED=1 (make clean realclean
first, though).

This'll enable Abi to do BiDirectional text like how you want (hebrew,
etc..) I suggest getting Abi from CVS because now you can import MSWord
DOCs with BiDi text in them. IIRC, Tomas has also fixed a few bugs since
0.7.14 too.

Please try this out and see if it meets your needs. If it doesn't, we'd
like to see any other features added to AbiWord too. It shouldn't be too
hard to do.

Dom