Re: boustrophedon: should I bother with abiword?

Subject: Re: boustrophedon: should I bother with abiword?
From: Simmon Keith (traevoli@usa.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 17:43:43 CDT

> This is more complicated than you imagine.

I highly doubt that. I imagine it's *quite* complicated; it may, in fact, be
less complicated than *I* imagine (things tend to get exaggerated in my mind).
 Perhaps I have the wrong perspective on it entirely.

I've put this project off for a year because I wasn't ready for it. And even
now (with more tools and experience and resources) I'm still not sure I'll be
able to tackle it... which is precisely why I was looking into building on
something (like AbiWord) instead of starting from scratch. But *either* road
is complicated. Extremely complicated. I'm just trying to determine which to
path take.

> If you were a programmer {snip}

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess that comment is justified. I'm not a
"professional" (payed). Most of my projects are small, out of personal
interest or necessity. I'm more of a hobbyist, and my first choice of
languages usually isn't C. Additionally my C skills are almost surely not up
to speed.

But does that prevent me from attaining the coveted Programmer status?

[Ed. Note: Please ignore the preceding, as it may be construed as Trolling,
and could lead to rude replies which could escalate into a flame war]