Release Timeline

Subject: Release Timeline
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 12:50:01 CDT

Hi,

I'm stepping up on this one again.

What I'd like to see as far as timelines go:

RIGHT NOW: NO MORE NEW STRINGS. TRANSLATORS TAKE NOTE!

Wednesday afternoon my time (GMT -500): If things look good, tree closes.

Wednesday->Friday: Release Builds with MD5 sums are posted to the list. Builds
done by those designated as "builders" as well as anyone else who can help.

Friday->Sunday: release testers and other people try out these builds,
reporting any potential problems to the list.

Monday: release announcement, upload to sourceforge.net, make notices in the
proper places.

Dom