Re: recruiting report -- release teams for 0.9.3 packages

Subject: Re: recruiting report -- release teams for 0.9.3 packages
From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@multicert.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 08:10:31 CDT

On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 12:11, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> According to Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@multicert.com>:
> > I'd offer help in building packages, but the instructions in the BUILD
> > document have never worked for me.
> What does not work in BUILD.TXT ?
> Because if we don't know we can not fix it.
In principle, all I'd have to do is make distribution
ABI_BUILD_VERSION=... ABI_DIST_TARGET=rpm

that never worked, I gave up trying.
Tried agina, and it still doesn't work.

The problem seems to be in BAD usage of rpm:
 1. build dir does not have to be /usr/src/redhat
 2. builder should not be the root user
 3. at least %_topdir should be respected in ~builder/.rpmmacros

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?