Re: fp_line::calculateWidthOfLine() asserts

Subject: Re: fp_line::calculateWidthOfLine() asserts
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 18:57:00 CDT

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> According to Matti Picus <matti@picus.org>:
> > Sorry this is so long, but someone told me this is the proper way.
> >
> > Any guesses as to why
> > UT_ASSERT(iX <= m_iMaxWidth);
> > at line 1562 in fp_line::calculateWidthOfLine fails?
> >
> > I am trying to convince AbiWord to import a large RTF file. The file is
> > (finally) parsed OK, but I can't figure out where m_iMaxWidth is set.
>
> This is bug 1549 and 1284
>
> Oh and a fix would be welcome :-)

As a general rule abiword recovers from this. Many documents trigger this
assert. If you have the patience we would love a fix for this, otherwise
feel free to ignore it and work on RTF.

I'm very glad someone else is working on it since it is our last critical
path feature before 1.0.

We really MUST have 100% lossless RTF import/export for 1.0.

What's left?

1. Finish import of Word >97 lists. There are still issues with displaying
delimeters and sublists on different word levels.

2. Implement styles import/export. This should be easier now that we allow
edittable builtin styles. All used styles should be exported to RTF.

3. DO Word 97 list export and multi-level list export to RTF < Word 97.

4. Do RTF header export.

5. I think the Lang keyword is not implemented yet.

If endnotes are finished they should be exported/imported too.

Hmm there are almost certainly other issues with RTf that need to be fixed
as you're finding out.

Cheers

Martin