Re: Endnote Reference

Subject: Re: Endnote Reference
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 08:35:43 CDT

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> > On another note, my install crashes whenever I try to apply "Endnote
> > Reference" from the combo box or the styles dialog.
>
> This is a character style; I think character styles have not been
> tested yet, and there is some problem with the character-style
> mechanism. I have added "Endnote Reference" because I started
> some work on automatically applying this style (and the related
> Endnote Text), when inserting an endnote, but I have run into
> problems and the code is turned off at the moment. It might be
> best to comment out the Endnote styles for the time being.

I'll look into this and fix the character style bugs.

I think most of the work is done. It's proabally just some little bugs
somewhere. (Famous last words, I know).

However fixing Randy's bugs with the paragraph level styles will be
harder coz I can't reproduce them.

I expect to get these bugs fixed within a week. Is it worth aborting the
0.9.3 release for these bugs?

In my opinion no because we can list them as known issues and make another
release relatively quickly. (2 - 3 weeks).

Other opinions? (BTW I can also crash abi by doing stuff with nested lists
with more than one window on the same document and with suffiently
complex line break/tab combinations :-()

I'll look into fixing these crash bugs ASAP.

Martin