0.9.3 blocker? -- Re: style => name?

Subject: 0.9.3 blocker? -- Re: style => name?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 14:44:31 CDT

Ick. It just occured to me that this file format change for style
references (from STYLE to NAME) sounds like a showstopper for 0.9.3.

I don't know when the original change was made, but if it came after 0.9.2,
then I'd *strongly* recommend that 0.9.3 be held until this gets resolved.

Prior to the change, there was no compatibility code required, and if we
revert to the original design, then none will be required either -- so long
as we don't do an "official" binary release with the NAME= variant to the
file format.

In the future, we need to be a *lot* more explicit about any file format
changes which might break compatibility.

Paul
motto -- make haste slowly