Re: Need help to enable RTF style import

Subject: Re: Need help to enable RTF style import
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 17:36:49 CDT

Hi Matti,
        I think I can help here.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Matti Picus wrote:

> Here is a first cut at importing RTF styles, a patch from the latest CVS,
> and the raw files if the diff format is screwy.
>
> This is for brave souls only, there are still three
> major problems and lots of minor ones:
>
> 1. There is an ugly memory leak somewhere.

This might be hard for me.

> 2. The paragraph and character attributes are parsed
> but not applied to the style. I tried, really I did,
> to make heads or tails of IE_Imp_RTF::ApplyParagraphAttributes()
> with no luck. I think this function must be rewritten into
> ~100 line chunks so that mere mortals can use its magical
> power (I know, my function is also long. Practice what you preach...)

I think I can help out here. Most of the code bloat you see is to handle
lists. We have to deal with 3 types of lists defintions plus to do magical
things like merging a pasted list into a pre-existing list.

> 3. The styles appear on the GUI, but the importer does not assign style
> names to the runs it imports. The importer must now relate to the
> \sN keyword.

This is because you haven't coded 2. Fix 2 and 3 should follow
automatically.

I'll take a look.

Martin