Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?

Subject: Re: Suggestion: ugly Hack or subtle hint?
From: Alan Keefer (akeefer@stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 14:27:00 CDT

It's worth noting that, by default, Windows does not show known file
extensions, so anything saved as .rtf on a computer that has Office
installed (where, of course, the .rtf association with Office hasn't been
removed, which I'd assume would be the vast majority of Office
installations) where the file-extension option hasn't been changed will
simply look like normal Word documents. So I would venture to suggest that
as long as you put some wording in the dialog akin to "Save as Word (rtf)",
most novice Windows users wouldn't really care that it was saved as a .rtf
file.

-Alan Keefer