Patches so Win32 BIDI version will build

Subject: Patches so Win32 BIDI version will build
From: Kenneth J.Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 18:15:38 CDT

Hello all,

Attached are some patches that will make the Win32 bidi version to build
(using VC5). I make no guarentees other than it will build (it does install
and start for me at least). Patches described below. diff -u made against
cvs from earlier today.

abi_defs.mk.patch : added mini glib from wv to include path (probably wrong patch)
win_Makefile.patch : added Abi_fribidi to list of ABI_APPLIBS (probably correct patch)
fp_Line.cpp.patch : added {} to one of the case statements. This fixes a
  problem where VC5 assumes j in the for loop can be seen outside of the
  for loop, which causes j not initialized because of case statement errors
  further down. (probably correct patch, at least shouldn't hurt other compilers)
fp_TextRun.cpp.patch : changed getMirrorChar to use fribidi_get_mirror_char.
  This may not be correct (they seemed like they did the same thing, but
  maybe not), however the current code seemed bad, making extern references
  to variables within fribidi (FriBidiMirroredChars, nFriBidiMirroredChars)
  which VC5 could not find in the fribidi library. I couldn't figure out
  if it simply was not making them public to be found, or not including them,
  as fribidi_get_type.c was getting compiled & added to the library. (patch correct ???)

With these patches applied, my Win32-Bidi tinderbox client should go green.
(By the way, I have it setup to automatically upload the tinderbox binaries
 to http://www.darklogic.org/win32/abiword/ at 10 EST for normal build, and
 11 EST for bidi build (am & pm - latest available successful build)). I will
 get it to create MD5 sums for those that care when I get a chance and figure
 out how.

Jeremy Davis
jeremyd@computer.org