Blocker? RTF export seemingly broken

Subject: Blocker? RTF export seemingly broken
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 11:46:21 CDT

Mantas (monte on IRC) has reported the following behavior, and I want some
more people to check it out.

RTF exported from 0.9.4 isn't useful by:

WordPad
OpenOffice
MSWord2k
AbiWord < 0.9.4

Where as RTF exported from 0.9.2 *is* useful by:

WordPad
MSWord
WordPad
AbiWord

In short, the only program capable of importing AbiWord 0.9.4's RTF is AbiWord
0.9.4

Ok, I know that OpenOffice's RTF importer is just plain broken. But what about
the rest?

Attached is Mantas' statement and a few documents.

Dom

3 documents: one 'good' version of rtf (created with 0.9.2), one 'bad'
(created with 0.9.4) and .abw

good version works fine with Wordpad and MS Word 2000 on Win2k, bad does not
work (I see no characters), but StarOffice and OpenOffice opens 'good' and
'bad' documents identicaly, but there are problems with lithuanian characters
- few characters are disapearing :