Re: imagemagick graphics importing

Subject: Re: imagemagick graphics importing
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 15:10:28 CDT

Quoting don bright's spam buffer <aeoespam@sdf.lonestar.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for looking at it.
> Do you mean to put abi_plugin_unregister/register in all the
> ie_impGraphic_* , and then put all those
> 'recognizSuffix/recognizeContents' functions in ie_impGraphic_*_sniffer?
>
> later.

Hi Don,

I would ideally like to have an architecture similar to the importers and
exporters, much like you explain. Each importer would be responsible for
reading in 1 or more image types and converting that to a PNG byte buffer
which could be used elsewhere and eventually saved to disk. Further, I'd like
it if these could also be used as plugins, especially for the larger ones like
ImageMagick. These *should* be dynamically loadable and unloadable, at least
optionally.

Dom