Re:Some brief CVS rules for the new guys

Subject: Re:Some brief CVS rules for the new guys
From: Kenneth J.Davis (jeremyd@computer.org)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 16:35:31 CDT

Dom Lachowicz <dominicl@seas.upenn.edu> wrote on 9/25/2001 5:34:18 PM:

>1) Please send an email when you commit things. It's common courtesy.
>2) Please try not to break the build. Watch tinderbox. Remember the "donut
>rule".
>3) Don't *ever* commit to wv. Send patches to Dom.
>4) Don't *ever* commit to wv. Send patches to Dom. He knows where you live...
>
>Thanks,
>Dom

I noticed the Win32 tinderboxes did not go red (the logs do correctly
show build errors). I'll correct this tommorrow when I have access to the
machine. I think I just need to add an additional check along with
the other words it is checking for when it determines if the build
succeeded or failed. I will make further adjustments should any false
failures show up or any more failed builds show up green.

And for those that missed it, the Win32 binaries (when it successfully
builds) are uploaded to www.darklogic.org/win32/ twice a day, should
you want to try/test them and not feel like compiling them yourselves.
The version in the about box should be tinderbox_UTC:mm-dd-yyyy:hh:mm,
so you can easily see when the build was started/created.

Jeremy Davis
jeremyd@computer.org