Re: Autotext for letters in a different language

Subject: Re: Autotext for letters in a different language
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 10:39:33 CDT

Quoting Pierre Abbat <phma@oltronics.net>:

> I am composing a letter in French, and it is marked as such, but the Abi
>
> menus are in English. I hit Insert|Autotext and pick a closing. It
> inserts it
> in English. Shouldn't it insert it in French, since that is the language
> the
> letter is in?

Hrmm... you can feel free to file this as a RFE, though I might close it as
invalid or wontfix. The default is to insert the strings in the same language
as the menus, and I'm not sure that the correct behavior should be different
from this. For instance, if the menu item I selected said "Hello" and I was
writing a german document, I would personally not expect to see "Guten Tag"
inserted into my document since I selected "Hello."

Dom