Re: Which libwmf for abi/0.7.14?

Subject: Re: Which libwmf for abi/0.7.14?
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 03:45:01 CDT

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, David Kaelbling wrote:
> I'm trying to build the latest stable AbiWord (0.7.14 it seems), but the
> included wv fails to build because of conflicts between wv.h and
> wmfapi.h. Which version of libwmf does this wv use? Neither
> libwmf/0.2.1 nor libwmf/0.1.16 works.

When building abiword, the included wv is always best. If you have wv
installed in /usr then there may be a conflict. I'm not sure how abiword
routes the headers, but ideally it should find the peer wv/wv.h before the
/usr/include/wv.h - I'll take a look sometime. For now, when building
abiword, just rename (temporarily) /usr/include/wv.h

If on the other hand you want to use the wv utilities and you want to have
support for wmf conversion, then install libwmf-0.2.1 first and then
install CVS wv with the configure option --with-libwmf

Currently AbiWord does not support wmf, but that should change in the near
future.

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical
universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step
beyond logic.
          --- from `The Sayings of Muad'dib' by the Princess Irulan