Re: commit: inlining

From: Blue Lizard (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 17:27:57 EST

    Like I told him outside the list (while nyorp was sick), this does not
    really do much of anything besides moving time spent from parent
    accountability to self accountability. I need to know what other
    compilers do though. Especially win32. MPritchet or Perdition (or some
    other win32 guru) can you send me the profiling info with and without
    plam's patch?

    I did a simple enough test by (make sure you do it very precisely the
    exact same way on both builds)
    1) Open abiword. Make sure you dont accidentally click anywhere, move
    the cursor, etc.
    2) Press 'a' five times.
    3) Press shift-left three times.
    4) Press shift-right three times.
    5) Press backspace 5 times.
    6) Press alt-f.
    7) Press x.
    8) When prompted to save, tab 3 times (or so) to bring button focus to
    "no".
    9) enter.

    Sorry to be so nitpicky.