linux.mk

From: Blue Lizard (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 19:48:08 EST

    Well, here's where I first noticed the problem. My make ABI_OPT_PROF=1
    install_dbg (there were other variables, but this is all that's
    pertinent) did not produce the debugging symbols. I look in
    src/config/platforms/linux.mk and see that ABI_OPT_(OPTIMIZE, GNOME,
    XML, DEBUG, &c) are only checked AFTER ABI_OPT_PROF is shown to not be
    set.
    I believe there is a reason for this, possibly regarding the size of the
    build with certain options put together. What is it?

    To change I would put not in the if hierarchy (currently present) these
    options, but sequential, and make things like OPTIMIZER = $OPTIMIZER
    <and then the meat>

    Someone fill me with knowledge please :-).

    Regards
    -Mark