Re: ATTN hub: Re: system expat not looked for

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 09:25:29 EDT

     --- Blue Lizard <webmaster@dofty.zzn.com> wrote: > On
    Sun, 2002-04-07 at 07:03, Blue Lizard wrote:
    > > Well, it is only looked for if peer expat is
    > unavailable. See bug 3080
    > > and feel free to enlighten me if I have gone
    > astray.
    > >
    > > Regards.
    >
    > I thought before that it prolly had to do something
    > with playing it safe
    > by using an expat that supposedly we know to work,
    > and 1101 is more
    > possible evidence, but this is rather dirty. I want
    > hub's opinion when
    > he gets back.

    If we are playing it safe that seems wrong to me.
    I've suggested playing it safe by always using
    libiconv but some people want to use what is already
    on their system. Unless it's a known thing that
    sytems are full of broken expats then I think we
    should
    be consistent and do the "playing it safe" stuff.
    My 2 cents.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com