Re: All words marked misspelled (fwd)

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 12:06:15 EDT

    Can some one please help this guy.

    i tried
    im lost

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:34:47 +0200
    From: Bronek Baraniecki <bemak@plejada.it.pl>
    To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
    Subject: Re: All words marked misspelled

    Alan Horkan wrote:

    > Keep it simple. use prebuilt binaries if possible, the gtk binaries are
    > simpler than the gnome ones.
    >
    > There are different varieties of linux, debian, redhat, slackware?
    > why compile from source when there are perfectly good binaries available?
    > (which leads me to suspect you are not using RedHat).
    >
    > You should take this up with the developers, or the developer list or on
    > IRC.
    >
    > the user list is intended more for people who use abiword rather than
    > building, developing, or patching.
    >
    > i mentioned that downloads can be found on sourceforge
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/abiword
    > the abisource website is updated a little less often.
    >
    > (please excuse me if i seem irratated in this email, im not annoyed at you
    > but i am extremely annoyed at one of my lecturers who is arrogant and
    > condescending. he has given us an online bookstore project and the
    > fucking moron called it Ebook. retard. stupid stupid ignorant retard.)
    >
    > Sincerely
    > Alan Horkan
    >
    > On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 abiword@pongonova.net wrote:
    >
    > > Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 00:36:29 -0500
    > > From: abiword@pongonova.net
    > > To: Alan Horkan <horkana@tcd.ie>
    > > Cc: abiword-user@abisource.com
    > > Subject: Re: All words marked misspelled
    > >
    > > On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 09:03:50PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > > >
    > > > for me to be better able to help you
    > > > it helps if you say what Operating System you are running abiword on.
    > > > (although from your email i would guess you are using Linux).
    > >
    > > Sorry...Linux/i386.
    > >
    > > > i would appreciate if you would please try a newer version
    > >
    > > Just tried 0.99.3 (couldn't find a tarball of 0.99.4 on the website). Built with
    > > this:
    > >
    > > sudo make UNIX_CAN_BUILD_STATIC=1 ABI_REQUIRE_PEER_ICONV=1 install
    > >
    > > (Dynamic executable fails with unresolved symbol, z_errmsg).
    > >
    > > Had to patch ap_UnixApp.cpp and ap_UnixDialog_New.cpp due to "struct *dirent" being
    > > declared as const, then passed to a function looking for a non-const pointer (bugs
    > > 3091, 2886). Also a pow2 fix (bug 2885).
    > >
    > > Dictionary was installed as part of AW installation:
    > >
    > > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2156456 Apr 8 00:20 american.hash
    > >
    > > Everything's still showing up as misspelled (except for the word "a").
    > >
    > > --Brian
    > >

    > > > 0.99.4 was recently released, 0.99.5 has been tagged and binaries should
    > > > be available on sourceforge.net very soon if not already.
    > > > and v1.0 should be out anytime in the next few weeks.
    > > >
    > > > you must make sure you have exactly the right spellcheck dictionary.
    > > > just because abiword knows it is there does not guarantee that it is the
    > > > right dictionary.
    > > >
    > > > There are special dictionaries provided on sourceforge as some
    > > > distributions do not provide dictionaries suitable for abiword and the
    > > > dictionaries are different on x86/Intel/AMD hardware and
    > > > Motorola/PowerPC
    > > > hardware.

    Hey, people,

    I really do not understand what is all aboout. Before misspelling I need
    AbiWord to accept my language env and fonts encoding ISO-8859-2, letting
    me to write and print!

    I did so much work with fonts dir, fonts path, LANG env, ttftool and
    ttfadmin.sh and much more without any good result.

    Are there a real work around to this problem?

    Bronek

    --
    Bronisław Bruno Baraniecki
    <bemak@plejada.it.pl>