Re: Using DJGPP

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 06:52:05 EDT

     --- Patrick Lam <plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu> wrote: > On
    Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:06:19AM +0100, Andrew
    > Dunbar wrote:
    >
    > > > would it not be easier to try to get abiword to
    > > > compile using cygwin?
    > >
    > > This would be my preffered way to compile on
    > Windows
    > > and I would very much appreciate somebody giving
    > it a
    > > thorough attempt and filing detailed bug reports
    > about
    > > what doesn't yet work.

    > > There is a free Borland compiler available for
    > > download without the Visual stuff. This is my
    > second
    > > most preferred method to build on Windows and I'm
    > > equally interested to have somebody getting this
    > > work for us. I liked Borland C++ Builder so much
    > at
    > > a previous job that I bought it for myself at
    > home.
    > >
    > > Maybe we should make this a POW?!
    >
    > We should definitely make this a POW. Do you want
    > to write it up?
    >
    > It would also be cool to be able to cross-compile
    > from Linux to Windows,
    > but that must be hard (because we'd need system
    > libraries, etc).

    Sorry Pat I'm currently trying to get home from a long
    trip to Europe. I can't even really afford to use the
    internet for the time to be on the list ): I hope
    somebody else can do it since I may not have proper
    computer/internet access for a month or more. Really
    sorry. I'm CCing Jesper so he can add it as a POW.
    Hi Jesper (:

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com