Fwd: Re: Newbie volunteer -- need some directions and help

From: Hubert Figuiere (hub@nyorp.abisource.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 17:56:35 EDT

    ----- Forwarded message from owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com -----

    Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:15:32 +0200
    From: Guylhem P Aznar <g@7un.org>
    To: Randy Kramer <rhkramer@fast.net>
    Cc: abiword-dev@abisource.com, Roshan Mathews <roshan@gamebox.net>,
            jdd <jdanield@dodin.net>, discuss@linuxdoc.org
    Subject: Re: Newbie volunteer -- need some directions and help

    On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 09:20:26AM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
    > On another note, discussion is going on over at the LDP project about
    > getting DocBook support in open source tools and word processors. I was
    > about to write back and tell them that AbiWord has some support, and
    > some of the developers seem to be somewhat interested in improving it.
    > So, I copy that note below.

    It would be very interesting for the LDP to have a good editor like
    AbiWord to edit our documentation. We can not recommand any good default
    docbook editor since there is no such thing on gnu/linux currently.

    > I know you are only beginning your effort at becoming an AbiWord
    > developer, but other developers may be interested in this effort as
    > well, so it may be helpful to establish a liason with the LDP, perhaps
    > through jdd. Accordingly, I am copying this to jdd and the LDP. You
    > may wish to subscribe to the docbook@linuxdoc.org list.

    Maybe we (TLDP) could create a dedicated mailing list for this effort?

    > maintains for each document. I think that should be treated as an open
    > question -- note that Word does allow inclusion of metadata for each

    Then it should be possible to do the same with abiword and LDP stylesheet?

    --
    /¯¯¯¯|  |¯| |¯|  |¯/¯¯¯| Guylhem P. Aznar         {7un.com;7un.org,externe.net}
     ¯¯| |  | | | |  | |¯| | (@oeil.qc.ca>>@metalab.unc.edu>>g@7un.org)  [7un!sony]
      ¯| |  | |_| |  | | | | FR,EN,ES,DK http://7un.org/geekcode http://7un.org/gpg
       |_|  |_____|  |_| |_| Smørrebrød er ikke Mad, og Kierlighed er ikke Had...

    ----- End forwarded message -----