Re: Commit: Polish Spell Checking on by default

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 10:55:40 EDT

    > Sorry, Dom
    >
    > Please let me know
    >
    > AutoSpellCheck="0" turns off:
    > 1. Spell Checking feature
    > or
    > 2. Automatic Spell Checking leaving Spell Checking feature still available

    It does #2, but #2 should always be enabled unless the user him/herself
    turns it off. Auto-spell checking should be enabled for all
    translations, regardless of whether we ship a dictionary for that
    language with the main abiword release. The idea is that in order to
    enable automatic inline spell-checking, a user should not have to both
    download a dictionary AND reset a preference.

    I hope that this clarifies things a bit.

    Dom