Re: 1.0 binaries, platform status.

From: PSA (listmstr@posom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 12:52:20 EDT

    > BSD: I currently don't have a netbsd like I usually do, and probably
    > won't for 1.0 (depending on when it happens). FJF used to have freebsd
    > to build on, but no longer. We do need someone to build binaries for
    > bsd users. I am not concerned much about abi's status on these
    > platforms since much is similar/same as linux (unix/ code, and no quirks
    > to cause odd manifestations). Just need a human to build it.

    I use to have automated FreeBSD builds from CVS, but I stopped running
    them several months ago when I started getting errors about an
    explicitly linked libc and couldn't track down the source of the
    problem. I sent a note to this list on 11 Jan 2002 to that effect.
    This problem occurred on all of my FreeBSD platforms (4.2,4.3,4.5) and
    was at that time preventing Abi from linking properly, so that it
    segfaulted at execution.
    Recently I tried again, and although I still get the same errors when
    linking, I do not see -lc on the link line and the resulting linked
    binary seems to work all right.
    These problems only occur on the gnome build; gtk has no problems.

    I can upload TGZs of RC1 now, and eventually 1.0 if there is an interest
    in them.

    -Paul