Re: asserts

From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 01:34:27 EDT

    Patrick Lam wrote:

    > I claim that excessive asserting (I would not assert BOOL \in {true,
    false})
    > is bad style,

    So you do, and I have found more than a few bugs because of just that. Yes,
    exactly that. UT_Bool that was anything but 0 or 1 and was used with that
    uninitlialize value.

    > because it makes program logic hard to follow.

    An assert that makes the program logic _hard_ to follow???

    > Surprising
    > asserts should be there (like when we think that something might happen
    > to be false) but not unsurprising asserts.

    ??? Now you lost me. Surprising asserts should be there, but unsurpising
    asserts should not?

    /Mike - please don't cc