[Fwd: Re:Tree Closed for 24 hours]

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 09:22:36 EDT

    attached mail follows:

    Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote on 4/17/2002 6:04:42 PM:

    >CVS Tree is closed and should be considered off-limits for 24 hours
    >UNLESS there is a major show-stopping bug (and I mean MAJOR) or a build
    >bug for a specific platform.
    >
    >ALL PATCHES TO THE TREE GO THROUGH ME. I AM THE MARSHALL AND THE RELEASE
    >DRIVER.
    >
    >Besides that, I wanna congratulate you all on a job *EXTREMELY* well
    >done. I owe you all a beer.
    >
    >Formal thanks and release notes and stuff to come in 24 hours ;-)
    >
    >Dom
    >/tree nazi for 24 hours, running for his train

    I was just curious, has anyone actually ran a 'make distribution ...'
    on Windows since the 12th? That is the date of the last successful
    make by my Win32 tinderbox client. All the AbiWord.exe build problems
    have been fixed since then, but abi/src/pkg/win/setup/AbiWord.nsi makes
    reference to a directory 'sample' which I am unsure where it is or was?
    and it causes the creation of setup_abiword.exe to fail:
    (Note this also occurs on my development computer with fresh cvs co)
    ..
    Section: "Samples"
    SectionIn: [0] [1]
    SetOutPath: "$INSTDIR\AbiWord"
    File: "..\AbiSuite\AbiWord\sample" -> no files found.
    Usage: File (/r filespec [...]|/oname=outfile one_file_only)
    Error in script "./AbiWord.nsi" on line 154 -- aborting creation process
    ..
    (Everything goes fine if this section is removed.)

    Thank you,
    Jeremy Davis
    jeremyd@computer.org