Re: commit: abi: UTF8String class

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 23:33:35 EDT

     --- F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    wrote: > o new UTF8String class (untested)

    If this is part of the new unicodization to support
    full-unicode, there's some stuff we need to discuss.
    We need to design the system so that a string is not
    built from a series of UTF-8 (or UTF-32) characters
    directly, but a series of "composed character" which
    in turn are a series of UTF-8 characters, the first
    being the main character, the remainder being zero-
    width modifiers. We need this to support proper
    internationalization. We probably need much
    discussion first actually.

    Good to see though (:

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====