A quick clarification please.

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:00:29 EDT

    Hi Andrew,
              If we use UTF-32 as our internal format in the piecetable will
    we still need two or more 32-bit numbers to represent combining
    characters?

    If not, ie if UTF-32 can hold all unicode in a single 32 bit number I vote
    for that as our internal format.

    I really don't like the idea of variable length strings per glyph in our
    piecetable though I don't mind converting to that when presenting text to
    a GUI.

    Cheers

    Martin