Re: commit: abi: UTF8String class

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:53:19 EDT

    At 12:10 PM +0200 4/22/02, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > > Of course they do - but then what do we do for all the other
    >> platforms. Sure, we could do UniScribe on Windows and ATSUI for
    > > MacOS - but that would be a nightmare to wrap in an XP way!
    >
    >sorry, but given how brain damaged ATSUI is

            I would argue that ATSUI is quite a nice piece of work - and
    I'd love to discuss with you sometime (off list, I suspect) your
    issues with it.

    >and since I move the MacOS X port to Cocoa, ATSUI will NOT be used.

            Actually, it will - but not directly ;). The Cocoa text
    engine is being moved on top of ATSUI in order for it to gain the
    same quality and functionality that is provided by ATSUI...

    LDR

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>