Re: How to get there from Here.

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:27:55 EDT

    Andrew Dunbar wrote:
    > I think it would useful to all of us but aren't we
    > better off just aiming to select contiguous areas
    > first and then submitting tricky stuff like this as
    > an RFE?

    I agree 100%, my intent was just to flag it for people to consider in
    any design they do. (I recognize that considering such things in
    advance can make things unnecessarily complex as often as possibly
    simplifying future changes -- like I said, the intent is just to let it
    be considered -- it can be considered and then ignored.)

    > Always gives me trouble.

    Maybe the "hot spot" for the top horizontal line of a table needs to be
    made wider (i.e., taller) than it is in Word?

    > I usually end up clicking at say the top left and
    > then dragging all the way to the bottom right but it
    > gives me a feeling that I might not be doing the same
    > thing as clicking on the magic vanishing target thing
    > in the top-left.

    I can't find that magic vanishing thing in the top left (the one I'm
    familiar with is in Excel) -- if there is such a thing it needs to have
    a bigger hot spot also.

    regards,
    Randy Kramer