Re: New development plans

From: Christian Biesinger (cbiesinger@web.de)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:52:24 EDT

    On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:28:51PM +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
    > It seems stupid to create a new tree for abi1.2. Mozilla an OpenOffice
    > are managed in CVS with trouble. So why not us.

    s/with/without/ :)

    Yeah... As a matter of fact, I have wondered why in the world one would
    create a seperate tree instead of reusing the old one.

    > The forked branch will be the 1.0.x branch, aka stable.
    > The HEAD branch (trunk) will be the development branch.

    Sounds good.

    > Each new 1.0.x release will lead to a new branch that will stop at
    > each release. That way we can be sure to release a new stable version
    > without to much annoyance.

    Well, all 1.0.x releases should, imho, be made from the same branch,
    optionally tagging the files when the actual release happens.

    > Each 1.2.x release (1.2 stable) will lead to a branch that'll end with
    > the release.
    > Release 1.2 will branch, make the 1.0.x branch be closed and be the
    > stable branch. At that time head branch will be the 1.3.x leading to
    > 1.4 or 2.0 (depending on whether we want to copy Linux kernel
    > versionning or not).

    Sounds good too.

                                                     -- Benjamin Franklin