Re: New development plans

From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 12:32:07 EDT

    At 10:03 AM 4/25/02 +0200, Per Larsson wrote:
    >Too often it's been like this:
    >1. Release is tagged.
    >2. Potentially unstable changes that have been held back waiting for the
    > release are commited.
    >3. Someone discovers some bad bug in the release.

    A modest proposal.

    Discovering bad bugs at step 3 is a clear indicator that the release was
    *not*, in fact, ready for prime time. Instead of coming up with branch/tag
    policies to work around this problem, why don't we just fix it directly?

    I know that it's not easy to come up with a release process that avoids this
    "tag, destabilize, test" sequence, but IMNSHO it's worth trying.

    Paul,
    heretic