Fwd: Re: Pango portability (or rather the lack of it)

From: Hubert Figuiere (hub@nyorp.abisource.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 05:20:35 EDT

    ----- Forwarded message from owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com -----

    Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:29:25 -0700 (PDT)
    From: "Robert G. Werner" <rwerner@mail.microbsys.com>
    To: Blue Lizard <webmaster@dofty.zzn.com>
    Cc: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Pango portability (or rather the lack of it)

    I think that the feeling about Solaris is that all the Gnome libs are
    being ported to Solaris and in fact the rumor is that Gnome will be
    part of the default install for Solaris 9 (or is it 10 now?).

    Personally, I hated CDE and would love to see it replaced with
    something prettier and more configurable/customizable (i.e.
    Gnome/KDE). As a system administrator, I love the idea of having
    Gnome/GTK+ come pre-installed in Solaris because so much interesting
    software is coming to depend on these toolkits.

    Anyway, I don't think Solaris would be the OS with lack of Gnome
    problems. More likely in that case is soemthing like SCO or DEC/Open
    Unix, or so I would guess not being a user of either ;-).

    --
    Robert G. Werner
    rwerner@mail.microbsys.com

    I'm a Hollywood writer; so I put on a sports jacket and take off my brain.