Re: Pango on windows

From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 13:20:47 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Alan Horkan" <horkana@tcd.ie>
    To: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
    Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 12:04 PM
    Subject: Re: Pango on windows

    > > Native Windows Perl or CygWin Perl? This is usually
    > > only an issue for CygWin Perl.
    >
    > at installation cygwin gives you the option of which line ending type you
    > want to use, so i would assume that you choose dos rather than unix and
    > that is what is causing the problem.

    yes. Now show me a way to run cygwin perl without screwing every file that
    it touchs *AND* be able to compile abiword and use text files generated by
    other windows apps.

    Anyway, if I selected dos endlines, why perl puts an extra \r for line (you
    end with \r\r\n) ?

    Btw activestate perl works fine.

    Cheers,