a proposed change to GR_CharWidths

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 09:34:05 EDT

    I would like to make a change to the GR_CharWidths::getWidth() so
    that if the character for which width is requested is not present, the
    return value will not be 0, but a 0x80000000 (large negative number,
    will be defined as GR_CHAR_WIDTH_UNKNOWN). This is to make
    it possible to distinguist between unknown character and a genuine
    0-width characters.

    As far as my grep told me, the class is only used in
    gr_Win32Graphics (which is what I need to fix) and the XFT version
    of gr_UnixGraphics. The change will only require that the
    GR_CHAR_WIDTH_UNKNOWN return value is at some stage
    remapped to 0. Is it OK if I do this? (I suppose mainly directed at
    Joaquin).

    Tomas