Re: Printing problems workaround [Re: lexmark--and--windows--problem]

From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 12:40:30 EDT

    Jesper Skov wrote:
    > On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 17:44, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > > sorry to crosspost but i think this is likely to be helpful to people
    > > one of the users sent it to me directly probably in response to mail from
    > > the webmaster (i dont remember)
    > Yeah, it is nice information. But it does little good in the mailing
    > list archive. Please add it as a FAQ entry. Go on, it's not that hard :)

    Alan,

    Thanks very much for adding that to the FAQ (TWiki)!

    A point to discuss:

    I renamed many of the FAQ pages by adding a common prefixe to allow them
    to be grouped when searched. My intended prefix for Windows was WinFaq
    (and UnixFaq, MacFaq, IntlFaq, Faq, and the possibility of adding
    more). Unfortunately, most of the FAQs for Windows made reference to a
    Dll, so I named them like WinFaqWindowsCOMCTL32DLL. I could have named
    them like any of:

       * WinFaqCOMCTL32DLL
       * WinFaqDllCOMCTL32DLL

    or something else.

    My point is, the "Windows" is quite redundant, and think it should be
    eliminated, at least (or especially) for WinFaqs that don't deal with a
    DLL.

    Opinions?

    Randy Kramer