Re: layout/screen units mess

From: Jody Goldberg (jody@gnome.org)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 14:40:16 EDT

    On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:21:31PM -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > >4) layout independance for the years to come: if we go
    > >the integer units way, we prevent any numerical
    > >problems.

    I'm moving towards a pango style fixed point representation of sizes
    for gnumeric specificly to address this. When presisting it is alot
    clearer to be able to spew out integer sizes than floating point
    without worry that there may be slight changes in the selection.

    It also looks more sensible than entering 83.28 and seeing
    83.2799999999999999999994 in the xml.

    It is probably not as noticable in a wordprocessor when things are 1
    pixel off here or there, but it will show up in your tables when a
    grid of supposedly uniform columns vary slightly.