Re: Re: Commit: Docbook plugin work

From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 18:38:33 EDT

    Hubert Figuiere wrote:

    > Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 23:22, Kenneth J.Davis wrote:
    >> > No, this hack is ugly! either work around the problem (trivial)
    >>
    >> Are you saying that the
    >> #define for if (0) ; else for
    >>
    >> should not be used? why?
    >
    > C macros to be considered harmful.

    In general, yes. But in this case it is _the_ only way to fix a compiler bug
    of a vendor. Add that it does not break any other compilers, libraries or
    anything, and it's a win-win macro.

    This macro is good. If fixes an over 5 year old bug in Microsofts
    implementation, and since they are completely reluctant to fix this bug, and
    we can fix it without breaking _any_ code, I thing we should do it.

    /Mike