official win32 builds

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 04:49:10 EDT

    I have been in touch with the reporter of bug 3556 and it looks that
    our official win32 binaries are over-optimized for a particular
    processor, crashing on his AMD; he pointed out that the only
    binaries that work for him are those from Jeremy's site.

    We really need to avoid any optimatization that relies on processor
    specific instructions in the official binaries.

    Tomas