Re: spelling lists

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 16:51:18 EDT

    Abiword uses two types of dictionary
    ispell (the default, most versions use this)
    http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/fmg-members/geoff/ispell.html

    aspell (debian uses aspell, you can also compile abiword to use aspell)
    http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

    It always helps if you say what version of Linux you use. Your linux
    distribution will probably already include ispell (or aspell if you are
    using Debian). The documenation that comes with Ispell includes
    instructions on how to make new dictionaries.

    Abiword only uses a particular type of ispell dictionary, when you are
    building make sure to build 8-bit dictionaries.

    Good luck

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan