Re: GTK2 Menu Work..

From: William Lachance (wlach@interlog.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 04:11:19 EDT

    On Thursday 15 August 2002 23:02, William Lachance wrote:
    > I do wonder about one thing though: This line of code in
    > af/xap/xap_UnixFrame.cpp around line 244-- is this really necessary
    > (intercepting and ignoring every keypress that isn't in an
    > alt-combination)? The menu mnemonics won't work with this enabled, and Abi
    > seems to behave as expected with the code commented out. If no one says
    > anything, I'm going to remove this code.

    An update: the mnemonics do seem to work, even with that code enabled.

    Does anyone know why AbiWord is handling this keyboard stuff at such a
    low-level? Is there any reason we shouldn't just rip out the platform
    specific key handling code and handle shortcuts with menu accelerators, and
    deal with key presses only when the document widget is focused? This seems
    much saner.

    Regards,

    Will Lachance
    wlach@interlog.com