RE: autogen error

From: Gansser, Martin (MGansser@rand.de)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 09:22:38 EDT

    > On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Gansser, Martin wrote:
    > > I tried to build the last CVS-archive on hpux 11.00, but
    > autogen fails:
    > > configure.ac:1: error: possibly undefined macro: dnl
    >
    > I wish I knew. It happened to me once, and has happened to
    > others too, but
    > I don't know what causes it.
    >
    > Try again?
    >
    > Frank
    I update automake to 1.6.3, autogen works now, only warnings:

    prounix_root:/users/mgansser/GNU/abiword/abi # ./autogen.sh
    automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
    warning: `configure.ac' and `configure.in' both present.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    warning: proceeding with `configure.ac'.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    warning: `configure.ac' and `configure.in' both present.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    warning: proceeding with `configure.ac'.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    Creating aclocal.m4...
    warning: `configure.ac' and `configure.in' both present.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    warning: proceeding with `configure.ac'.
     at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 56
    warning: `configure.ac' and `configure.in' both present.
     at /usr/local/bin/automake line 5159
    warning: proceeding with `configure.ac'.
     at /usr/local/bin/automake line 5159
    Creating configure...
    autoconf: warning: both `configure.ac' and `configure.in' are present.
    autoconf: warning: proceeding with `configure.ac'.

    You can run ./configure now.

    but configure fails with the following errors:

    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking for g++... g++
    checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
    checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
    checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
    checking CFLAGS...
    checking CXXFLAGS...
    checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
    checking whether ln -s works... yes
    checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
    checking for ranlib... ranlib
    checking whether PKG_CHECK_MODULES is defined... yes
    checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
    checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.0... Package glib-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.0.pc'
    No package 'glib-2.0' found
    configure: error:

    Martin