Re: commit: win32 menu-icons

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 10:16:03 EDT

    > Jordi -
    >
    > Great work once again. I looked into doing this for the 1.0 release, but
    > felt that the Windows API (a) didn't offer good enough icon color
    > resolution and so decided that (b) owner-drawn was the way to go.
    > Unfortunately I didn't have the time nor want to introduce additional bug
    > prior to the 1.0 release.

    Well, I have used the Windows API because I could done it quickly, as you
    know, owner drawn requires some extra effort, including handling painting,
    highlighting, greying, etc. I was not sure if the effort was worth it.

    If we agree that the quality that the API offers is poor, We can reimplemented
    before 2.0 is close using owner drawn.

    > Are the bmp's you used conversion of the Gnome xpms?

    Yes.

    Thanks,

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org