Re: commit: abiword-plugins: screetch's docbook work

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 11:59:58 EDT

    Brilliant work screetch!

    It would/will be so cool if Gnome projects could use Abiword to generate
    or view their documentation.

    Just one question...

    On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, F J Franklin wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:50:13 +0100 (BST)
    > From: F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    > To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: commit: abiword-plugins: screetch's docbook work

    > o docbook plugin import/export work by Nicolas Mercier a.k.a. screetch
    > - support for paragraphs, chapters, recursive sections
    > - support for images (was brokn)
    > - support for programlistings
    > - support for titles
    > - support for bold/italic, even in titles
    > - support for links, externals and internals
    > - support for anchors
    > - corrected <newpage/> problem (no, was <beginpage/>... oh, can't remember)

    > > - corrected <newpage/> problem (no, was <beginpage/>... oh, can't

    In the case of html it is recommeded for single tags to be <tag />
    the extra space ensures that old crappy parsers that dont understand can
    ignore the / as an unknown parameter.

    I dont know if there is any benefit whatsoever to do this for docbook but
    i mention it anyway.

    Later
    Alan