What are these strings for? [was Re: your mail]

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 15:22:15 EST

    you are more likely to get a favourable response in future if you use a
    clear descriptive subject line.

    grrr!

    On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, besnik bleta wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:15:18 +0100
    > From: besnik bleta <besnikbleta@hotmail.com>
    > To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    >

    > Could anybody tell me what the following strings "do" or stand for:
    >

    > Coverage

    not sure about the context, i guess it probably has something to do with
    a certain amount of space being covered by some funtion. Need context to
    know what this means.

    > Ex. script

    Probably short for External Script.
    This is a bad bug. This kind of abbreviation should not be used in an
    application.
    Again without context it is quite hard from me to know exactly what this
    means.

    > Initial Caps

    First Letter Up, Capitalise The First Letter In Each Word.

    > Lock out non-style formatting commands

    A clearer wording might be possible...

    This is a feature you might use to "lock styles" you would then work on
    your document and mark sections as "Paragraph", "List", "Header", and then
    later apply styles to each section.
    This is to help uses to cleanly seperate the content from the style. Or
    at least that is my understanding of it.

    > besnik (this shows my name...)

    Sincerely
    Alan Horkan